Wednesday, May 5, 2010

PLN29

In the article "2txt? Or Nt2txt?" Garrison Keillor explains that he travels a lot and during his many travels he has discovered that young men seriously lack social skills. He explained that young women are much easier to talk to as strangers and young women are much more welcoming than young men. He explained that this may be because of the effect that texting has on the youth. He claims that 75 percent of people from ages 12-17 own a cell phone and more than half of these kids use it for texting. This number proves that valuable conversations are being taking away and texting is teaching no social skills to young men. This article is important to me because I believe that I am one of these young men who are lacking social skills. This article proves to me that I should not text so much and just physically interact with the people that I want to talk to. Although I do believe texting is resourceful for when you cannot talk to someone face to face and either have a great desire or just wish to talk to that person. Do you believe it is important to have interactions with people instead of just simply texting them?

No comments:

Post a Comment